Updated Patient Information during Covid-19 epidemic
The UK government has just announced that all dental practices can reopen for routine care from 8th June 2020, if they are able to provide adequate safeguards for the health and safety of the public and the dental team.
At Dental Care we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. We are working really hard to put in place the required changes to operate safely for everyone.
We aim to open around the 8th June, but at first this will be for emergency treatments only such as relief of pain or broken fixed orthodontic appliances.
No routine appointments can be offered at this time.
If you have a dental emergency only, then please contact our reception team on 01429 234144
If you are required to attend the surgery you must expect some big changes in the way we manage your visit.
In order to decide that it is safe for you and our team to attend the practice, you will have to answer a comprehensive list of questions regarding your dental problem and your medical health, especially in relation to the on-going Covid-19 epidemic. If possible we will email these to you, or you can download them from our website. We must have these details before an appointment could be made.
If the team decides that it is appropriate to see you in the surgery, an emergency appointment will be made for you. Please be tolerant of these questions, they are for your benefit.
When you attend:
- If you usually pay for your treatment, payment in advance, by phone will be required by the receptionist.
- You will be required to attend alone, unless the appointment is for a child, or you are a carer/chaperone for a vulnerable adult.
- If the appointment is for a child, please only bring that one child.
-Please do not bring any bags in with you.
- You must attend the surgery on time.
- If travelling by car you must telephone the surgery on arrival in the car park. We will tell you when to come to the door and we will let you in.
- You will be asked to use hand-gel, or wash your hands. The patient toilet will not be available, so please use your own toilet before travelling.
- The practice will be observing a strict 2M Social Distancing policy, please be mindful of this if you come across any member of the public in the reception area.
- You will be taken straight into the surgery where the dentist will need to confirm answers to some of the questions already asked.
- At the present time we will only be able to provide basic emergency treatments, such as a simple temporary filling or a simple extraction.
- It may well be several weeks or months before we can provide a more comprehensive service such as fillings crowns and hygiene visits.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING