Updated Patient Information during Covid-19 epidemic
The UK government has recently announced that all dental practices can now return to more normal ways of operating for routine dental care. Stringent safeguards are in place for the health and safety of the public and the dental team.
At Dental Care we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. We have worked really hard to put in place the required changes to open safely for everyone.
We will be prioritizing emergency treatments such as relief of pain or broken teeth, and routine appointments for our orthodontic patients.
We are now also able to offer routine check-up appointments.
If you have a dental emergency or require your routine dental examination, then please contact our reception team on 01429 234144
When you attend the surgery you must expect some big changes in the way we manage your visit.
You will have to complete a comprehensive list of questions regarding your dental problem and your medical health, especially in relation to the on-going Covid-19 epidemic. We will email these to you via our data secure online portal, please note that we must have these details before attending your appointment, otherwise we will be unable to see you.
Please be tolerant of these questions, they are for your benefit.
When you attend:
- Please wear a face mask/face covering when attending your appointment.
- If you usually pay for your treatment, payment in advance over the telephone is required.
- You will be asked to attend alone, unless the appointment is for a small child, or you are a carer/chaperone for a vulnerable adult.
- If the appointment is for a child, please only bring that one child.
- For child orthodontic patients, if possible, we request that the parent remains outside the practice or waits in a car.
- Please do not bring any bags in with you.
- You must attend the surgery on time.
- On your arrival outside the surgery, you can check in online on using our new online portal. If you have travelled by car, you must wait in your car and make contact with the surgery either via the portal or by telephoning the surgery. We will tell you when to come to the door and then we will be able to let you in.
- You will be asked to use hand-gel, or alternatively to wash your hands. The patient toilet will not be available, so please use your own toilet before travelling.
- The practice will be observing a strict 2m Social Distancing policy, please be mindful of this if you come across any member of the public or staff in the reception area.
- You will be taken straight into the surgery where the dentist will need to confirm answers to some of the questions already asked.
- Please be mindful that we had to cancel over one thousand dental appointments during the first lockdown period. We will aim to get back to a more service as soon as possible, but at the moment our waiting times for appointments are a lot longer.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING